Thursday, July 19, 2012

Morning Madness

Mornings at our house are like a well oiled machine.  NOT.

This is a sneak peek of what mornings are really like at our house...

What happened to the pink bag?  Anyone, Anyone??  ANYONE seen the PINK Bag??!?!
Great.  Where's the blue bag? I know I just saw it somewhere.
Are you done with breakfast??
DRINK YOUR MILK!!!
No.  You are not getting juice until after you drink all.that.milk.
{Opening blue bag}
What's this??


Umm... yeah... that would be a petrified Halloween orange

Where are the swimsuits?  Why do I have two bottoms but only 1 top?  Where is the Nemo top?

{Walking towards the laundry room} SQEAK!!!


Rats?  Seriously?  Why are these here???  {smack in the middle of the floor for me trip over and discover with my bare feet in the middle of the night???}

Where did they come from??  Nevermind.  Have you finished your milk yet?? Put your plates up and put your shoes on!  I have to look for the Nemo top!

Ryan: Mommy I want to take the Cat in the Hat book to school.
Me: {puzzled look} Doesn't school have a Cat in the Hat book? 
Ryan: No.
Me: Are you sure?  I fairly certain they have a whole collection of Dr. Seuss.
Ryan: M-O-M-M-Y!!  School does NOT HAVE THIS BOOK!!


Me: That cat does have a hat... I suppose...  But that is not Cat in Hat.  It's Splat the Cat.
Me: Yes, you can take that book.  We can read it in the car on the way to school.
...
I totally digress here, but I just bought the book last night, and had never read it before this morning.  I LOVE Splat the Cat.  This book's imagination/illustrator is right up my alley.  Pirates and everything!
....

And so it went for another 10 minutes before we finally made it out the door with 2 children, 4 shoes, one notebook, two swimsuits, 2 water bottles, 2 towels, and 1 pair of goggles.  So Ms. Lisa if you are reading this and happen to find a pair of blue goggles on the bottom of the pool... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...