Thursday, April 2, 2009

The very bad no good day

I lost my keys today. For the first time in the entire 16 years that I have been driving. Unfortunately I realized this fact while running 20 minutes late to pick up the kids. I tried calling Kevin to get him to pick up the kids. And calling, and calling, and calling. For almost an entire hour. Before it was all said and done there must have been 50 people looking for him at work, and at the launch party. No one could find him.

I finally decided to catch a ride to daycare. At least the babies wouldn't be stranded there alone. We would all be stranded there, and somehow that would be better, right? :) I thought worst case we could walk to the restaurant just down the street and have dinner while I kept trying to find K to come pick us up. Just before we actually made it to daycare I got a call telling me my keys had been found in one of my coworkers cars. They were going to bring the keys to daycare. So that left me at daycare with 2 babies, and a set of keys, but no car. I ended up waiting for the keys and then catching a ride back to work to get my car. All the while still trying to get in touch with Kevin.

I did finally get in touch with him and we both arrived at daycare just a few minutes after they were scheduled to close. I have never been more relieved to see the boys. Needless to say it was a very stressful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...