Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fingerprint Reindeer

Oh.my.word.


The boys and I made fingerprint reindeer today.  And I just can't get over how cute they turned out!


It was a bit of an iterative process.  First I drew antlers and gave them googly eyes.  And then I decided that maybe they needed ears (or maybe not  - the verdict's still out on this one.  Which one do you like better?)


And then before I knew it there were bows.  There are always bows.  :)  And glitter for Rudolph's nose!


And a cute saying for the inside of the cards.


And then they multiplied like bunnies.


And turned into coordinating envelopes.


But I think the best one of all is when I just let the kiddos go wild with the ink pad and a piece of paper.


Connor dotted the whole page with little reindeer while Ryan used all 10 fingers (at once) to create a veritable flood of bubbles or so he says.


Connor was so proud of his artwork.
 

And though we still can't name all 8 reindeer Connor remembered just where he put Donner and Blitzen and Rudolph!  

1 comment:

  1. These are SOOOOO cute! I prefer ears...
    Tell Connor he did an excellent job on his artwork and that since there are eleven, he must have included Leroy, the Redneck Reindeer and Penguin, James Penguin (Santa's secret spy). And I am sure Ryan's flood of bubbles turned out equally cute with Momdeer's help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...