Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finger Lickin Good BBQ Sauce

Remember when I discovered the magic of Finger Lickin' Good Ribs from my pressure cooker from start to finish in under 45 minutes?


I am drooling over here just thinking about how absolutely delicious they were every.single.time I have made them.  And just how often I plan to be eating them henceforth.  Because I have finally discovered a BBQ sauce I love (other than the Kunkels, of course.)   Though this one doesn't require any advance notice, or planning on my part.  It can be made in about 10 minutes using just a few ingredients I have on hand.  So when I decide for instance to stop by the grocery store on the way home after work and pick up ribs I can be enjoying them and lickin sauce off my fingers an hour later.  I will warn you though it is a ketchup based sauce that is a little tangy and a little sweet.  If you are perfectly happy with any of those smokey vinegary sauces that come in a bottle from the store, or aren't a fan of ketchup and a little tang - Miracle Whip haters for instance - you should just skip this recipe.  :)

So without further ado - here's my new last second go-to recipe:
1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
1/4 cup water
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP vinegar*
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce*
1 tsp of your favorite dry rub (or per the original recipe chili powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder

Note: Though the original base recipe called for 2 TBSP of both vinegar and Worcestershire sauce I will likely be cutting those down to 1 to 1 1/2 for future makings.  I think it's the Worcestershire sauce that needs to be cut back (or was just old and needed to be replaced) for my taste buds, but I will probably drop both to 1 TBSP and taste it them add more if I think it needs it.

Directions:
Combine all ingredient in a sauce pan.  Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Enjoy.  :)

P.S.  The boys also heartily approve of buttered sweet corn as a side to the ribs.  And given all you have to do is husk it and then drop it in boiling water for 3-5 minutes then butter like crazy it will definatley be making frequent appearances as well.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...