Here's what I want it to do:
Sleep/Screen Saver mode -
- Display a clock. Bonus points for configurablity - digital/analog/colors, styles, sizes, etc.
- Change display brightness based on configurable settings (dim at night, brighter during the day)
- Display whether or not an alarm is set (small bell at the bottom of the screen for example). Bonus points to allow you to configure the alarm notification to show/hide the alarm time and icon for type of alarm (bell, music, etc.)
- Stay on when docked/plugged into AC power.
- Ability to set multiple alarms (3 is sufficient).
- Ability to configure days (not just weekday/weekend) for each alarm.
- Ability to configure type of alarm for each setting (bell, music, etc)
- Must have Snooze. Bonus for configurable snooze.
- Quick nap function - (lightning bolt - each press adds 15/30 minutes - up to 3 hrs.)
Configurable selection of widgets (4-6 ideal)
- Alarm Widget - shows current alarm setting details and has quick launch button to configure settings.
- Weather widget - display current temp, expected low/high and icons for sun/rain/clouds, etc. Quick launch full app/browser to look at things like hour by hour & 3/5/10 day forecasts
- Calendar widget - display today's calendar appointments (Outlook sync)
- Media widget - AM/FM Radio, Pandora, MP 3 etc. controls
- Browser widget - networked webcam would be awesome to check on the kids, or news headline reel would be nice as well.
- Task Widget - show todays' to-do list. Not that I would use it, but might be nice... (Outlook Sync)
- Quick launch bar for favorite programs (like a browser, picture slide show, etc.)