Friday, January 1, 2010

Bon Appetite

Just call me Martha. :)

I have turned baking maven overnight. Okay, perhaps I exaggerate just a tad. But I did spend most of the day slaving away in the kitchen making goodies.

I tried a new recipe for silky smooth apricot cakes. Mmmm... don't they look good?
And see!! I did use the oven. I do know how it works! :)

I also made another batch of the chocolate covered oreo truffles. My chocolate dipping skills could use some work. But after just one bite you will forget all about what they look like. Trust me. They are that good.

I also made another batch of the peanut butter flakes. Only this time I won't put them in the refrigerator and turn them into peanut butter bricks. Like concrete.

Mmmm, mmmm, good!
And for the record I also tried out my new slider press and cooked us some sliders though apparently I forgot to get any photographic proof of it.

So what were the boys doing while I was cooking away? Helping of course.

Or at least Ryan was.

Connor on the other hand was helping to make a mess of the mail.


They really were good helpers. They helped me replenish the cokes and Dr. Pepper's in the fridge and had quite a good time doing it until they got to the very bottom of box. Then they couldn't quite reach them anymore and couldn't figure out how to get them out. They both ended up practically crawling in the box while I choked backed gales of laughter.

They also helped pick up the aftermath of Christmas today. Or at least 90% of it. We found spots for most of the new stuff and got it safely stowed in its home before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...