Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sneaky Little Leprechauns

Have to admit I was a complete and utter slacker when it came to St. Patrick’s Day this year.  J  We read the Night Before St. Patrick’s Day, and had green shirts to wear but that was the extent of my planning this year.

Thank goodness for the internet!  A few weeks ago I stumbled on this scavenger hunt printable and had bookmarked it to come back to. 

So at lunch ON St. Patrick's Day I printed the clues out, made a mad dash to the dollar store for "treasure" and then ran home to set it all up.


I staged the first clue on the dining room table - a pot with some "shinies" to get the kid's attention with the first clue in side.


From there they were off to the races!   And believe me when I say I didn't make it easy on them - I did my best to make the clues almost impossible to find (yes, it's a sink - but which one - and WHERE!?!), and yet they managed to find each one in less time than the last!  


They did at last find their treasure in the fridge.  And even though it wasn't "real gold" they were still tickled pink with their find, and even more so with the fact that sneaky little leprechauns came to visit us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...