Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kids Valentines

Happy Valentines Day!

Finished up the kids' valentines this past weekend.


Thought they turned out super cute.

And, no, there's no rhyme or reason why Connor's Valentine is bigger than Ryan's.   I can't explain it.  I am sure it had something to do with the original picture and cropping, or antibiotics, or 2am Photoshopping, or Aggie math, or something.

I noticed it.  Quirked a perplexed eyebrow for about 0.2 seconds, shrugged, said "eh", and moved right on along to printing, and cutting, and punching, and stuffing.


En masse.


Had planned to make one with a fake flower for each of their teachers.  Tried it.  Didn't like how it turned out.  Shrugged, said "eh."  Turned the light off and went to bed. 

Though really I can't say enough good things about their teachers and should really do something super nice.  Ryan read a 50+ word book to me at dinner tonight in a matter of minutes.  I was stunned.  And so proud.  Ryan's been bringing home reading working on and off since about Thanksgiving.  He's read a dozen or so beginning readers to me over the last couple of months.  But nothing like he did tonight - he read right along.  Only having to stop and really sound out a couple of the words.  I was astounded.  Better yet, it was a funny story and not only did he read the words, he understood them enough at the same time to appreciate the humor and comment on the silliness of the vivid imagery it conjured.

Not to be left out Connor brought home his first reader this week, too.  About Mat.  And Sam.  Who sat.  Mat even sat on Sam.  And Sam sat on Mat, too.  Which sent both of the boys into giggles as he steadily, but patiently, worked his way through sounding out the words.  So excited as he mastered each word.  Not only was I so proud of him that my eyes turned misty, and my beaming smile a little wobbly, but more importantly he beamed from ear to ear and was SUPER proud of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...