Saturday, March 6, 2010

The things nightmares are made of...

I heard mumbling over the monitor last night around 12:30am. It was Ryan. I couldn't make it out at first. Then as he rolled over he was saying "No... No... NO!!!" He tossed and turned for a second then seemed to be sleeping more peacefully again. A few minutes later he started again. It was clear he was having some sort of nightmare. I went up to see if could comfort him and the second I rounded the corner to his crib before my eyes had even adjusted to the lack of light I could see something small flying towards me. He was in my arms in a second. And instantly his head was down on my shoulder in a hug. I sat down in the rocker and rocked him for a while wondering what kind of nightmares a 2 year old could have. He calmed down almost instantly and layed contentedly in my arms dozing. I eventually put him back down in his crib, covering him with his blanket and patting his back until he was asleep again.

Then this morning I heard Connor babbling and a minute or so later heard Ryan starting with the "No"ing again. I looked over to see Connor reaching through the bars and grabbing any part of a sleepy and groggy Ryan that he could reach. I suppose that might be the stuff nightmares are made of when are you 2... Having a hand reach out and pawing at you while you sleep. Poor Ryan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...