Monday, October 8, 2012

Soccer Team Snacks

It was our turn to bring snacks for soccer team this past weekend.  As it was an afternoon game in October I decided nothing could be better than caramel apples.


So I whipped up a batch of my absolute favorite - mini green Grannie Smith apples, dunked in caramel, then white chocolate, rolled in Reese's peanut butter chips and then drizzled with white chocolate.  They are sinfully good.


I spent about half an hour the morning of the game frantically trying to decide how to best package them up.  I decided to go with just a plain treat bag, tied with soccer themed ribbon and our teams' colors.  I pulled out a piece of orange cardstock and printed up some pennants with a soccer ball and "Go Tigers!" on them.


After getting enthusiastic approval from the peanut gallery I wrapped them up en mass just in time to throw them in a bucket and head out the door for pictures and our game.


I brought along an apple cutter, small soccer themed paper plates, soccer napkins and wipes so we could cut them open and enjoy them (hopefully without too much mess!) after the game.  :)

Several parents were in a hurry to head out after the game - the downside of an afternoon game - conflicts with birthday parties, college football, and all those other fall activities.  But those of us who stayed thoroughly enjoyed the apples.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...